The ALZMETALL GS series was designed to combine rigidity and damping properties. The thermo-symmetrical structure of the entire base frame – right down to the spindle – always reliably controls the force transmission during the machining process. The advantages are maximum accuracy and machining precision on the workpiece as well as maximum cutting performance – even in heavy-duty cutting.
- Solid, rigid base frame made of grey cast iron
- Dynamic stressed machine coponents are made of nodular cast iron
- ALZMETALL-specific gantry concept (ASGK) with box-in-box system
- Fourfold linear guide system in the Z slide (Z axis)
- Rotation axes (A and C axis) with torque drives, optional
- Hybrid machining (miling, turning, grinding) in one wordpiece setup
BENEFIT FOR USER
Closed power flow between workpiece and tool as well as geometrically symmetrical structure of the X-Y-Z coordinate carriage
- Thermal stability at Tool Center Point (TCP) in X-Y-plane without compnsation
- Reduction of tool costs
- Contour accuracy at high path speeds
- Lifetime of main spindle
- Extremely high parallel traversing accuracy due to double drives in the X and Y axes
- Significantly lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) over the lifetime of the machine
Find the right machining center for your project
Using a GS 1400 as an example
The “Heavy Weight” for Milling and turning
Extremely rigid, integral base frame made of one piece
All statically stressed frame components are made of grey cast iron
All dynamically stressed machine components are made of nodular cast iron
Picture: Basic structure of the GS 1400
Picture: travel system carriage of the GS 1400
TRAVEL SYSTEM CARRIAGE
Carriage designed as a Box-in-Box system with symmetrical structure and restrained mono block cross slide as well as integrated Z-axis slide and motor spindle.
Multiple guide-ways in all linear axes.
Single and double ball screws with Servo drives of the linear axes.
NC SWINVE AND TOTARY TABLE (SDK)
Gear or torque drive technology according to application-specific design.
Gear drive in swivel and rotary axes for economical 5-axes machining.
Torque motors are direct, rotary drives for highly dynamic, oscillating machining tasks.
Picture: NC Swivel and rotary table (SDK) of the GS 800NE
Picture: ALZMETALL-SPECIFIC GANTRY-KONZEPT (ASGK) of the GS 1200
ALZMETALL–SPECIFIC GANTRY-KONZEPT (ASGK)
– patented –
The Gantry design:
In the gantry design, the three linear motion axes are assigned to the machine gantry. If the machine has fixed uprights with a movable crossbeam at the top, it is referred to as a bridge gantry design.
Conventional and modified Gantry designs
- 4-fold internal linear guides
- Deviation(deflection) reduced by a factor of 2.3 and thus
- Rigidity is 2.3 times higher than “on top mounted” systems
- Less positional deviation at the tool center point (TCP) at the same level of acceleration
- Significantly increased cutting tool lifetime
Picture: ALZMETALL-SPECIFIC GANTRY-KONZEPT (ASGK) of the GS 600